HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:58:56 -0700
Hi Mitch,

        Will the page charges for over a certain page amount still be a policy?  I have
a two-piece, co-authored article that I am looking to publish but was chased off by
the Kiva's policy of page charges.  Mike Miller and I have zero funding -- our work
was (and is) a labor of love.

        The first part of the article is the history of the Southwestern Coca-Bottling
Co. with four branches in New Mexico and six in Arizona.  The corporation was
formed by Lawrence Gardner, the founder of Empire Bottling Works (later Empire
Products Corp.) in El Paso, Texas.  Part 2 is a tight chronology of the bottles used by
the various branches along with a discussion of changing styles within the industry.

        If this sounds like it might be of interest, please let me know.

Bill Lockhart
New Mexico State Unversity at Alamogordo