HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:23:31 -0500
Well, "kraft durch freude" was the group who sent all those "ordinary
workers" (actually party insiders and others with good connections) out on
baltic cruises... Getting back on topic, though, they also built the world's
longest building in the form of a massive complex along the beach of one of
the baltic islands (rugen I think it was), which has proven to be something
of a headache to the preservationists whose job it is to maintain it as a
protected monument (i.e. historical building)...

geoff carver - SUNY buffalo
check it out: http://www.unesco.org/general/eng/legal/human-rights.shtml