HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:51:54 -0500
Bob-

Thanks for your kind words about the Providence meeting. The local
committee did a great job, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

The last attendance figure I saw was 1,018, which makes Providence one of
our larger meetings.

The 2004 meeting will be in St. Louis, and will be chaired by Vergil Noble.
That meeting will celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Lewis and Clark
expedition. We will be in York, England in 2005, and the chair will be
Harold Mytum. The venue and committee for 2006 have not yet been set, but
Sacramento or Toronto are possibilities. The 2007 meeting will be held in
Williamsburg to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the settlement of
Jamestown. Bill Kelso will be the 2007 chair.

Pat Garrow