HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:57:26 -0400
Dear Histarchers,

For a piece I'm working on that deals with the archaeology of Storyville,
New Orleans' legalized red light district, I'm trying to track down
references to archaeology done at sites purported to be brothels. I know
about work done in Washington's Hooker Division and in New York's Five
Points, but does anyone out there know of other sites that turned up
assemblages that might have come from brothels? Especially any late 19th,
early 20th century sites?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Powell