From:
Hi-Do Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 02:26:19 -0500
Hello.  i have only recently begun to appreciate the beauty of the
Beethoven string quartets. Indeed, the whole SQ genre has so far not
been a favorite sector for me. I have been listening to the Medici
(Nimbus), the Budapest (stereo on Japanese SONY), and the Busch. And I
am in the market for a new set of Beethoven string quartets. I am primarily
interested in the Vegh set (although, the new budget release of the
Talich looks very tempting).  Now, I noticed that there are three releases
available, and I was wondering if somebody could help me sort this out
please? What is the difference between them, if any? (I noticed the M&A
release was recorded in 1952, and I don't have any recording information
on the other two.)

1. 8-cd set on Auvidis label
2. 8-cd set on Naive label
3. 7-cd set on Music & Arts label.

i appreciate any comments. Thank you all!

Hi-Do Shin
Seoul, Korea