From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:08:15 -0500
Margaret Mikulska wrote:

>Years ago, I had an LP with Artur Moreiro-Lima which I really liked
>(although it's been ages since I had an opportunity to listen to my old
>LPs, so I don't know what I would think about it now.)  Speaking of him,
>I don't recall a single recording of anything by this pianist on CDs.
>Whatever happened to him?  He was a finalist of one of the Chopin
>competitions in Warsaw (in 1970s, I think).

I have 2 LPs of Lima playing the music of Ernesto Nazareth which I like
VERY much. I have converted them to CD and they sound great. I think
they were on Pro Art. I can look it up if anyone is interested.

I too, have not heard much from him after the Nazareth recordings. I
also have his recording of the complete Chopin Polonaises which is quite
nice.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan