HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John R Hyett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 23:20:27 +1000
If you are interested in an English example, Cassel and Company's "Building
World Vol VII - No 176 February 25 1899" has an article and plans for the
construction of "Country House Stables Costing About 400 Pounds"
I could send you a copy of the article off list if you are interested. It is
not built on piers though, the manure pit is built on the end of the stable
so that "the refuse from the stable can be thrown straight into it through a
lid, instead of having to be carried across the stable yard"