Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 12:17:02 -0700
From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Barrett Reynolds ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>...  That's why I wanted to ask, as seasoned veterans of collecting,
>are many of us loyal to a particular label, orchestra, or conductor?
>I ask this because, in my brief history buying these CD's, I've
>developed a particular fondness (almost a fettish) for any CD which
>boasts the golden Deutsche Grammophon label.  ...  Anybody else have
>any favorites?

Favourite label? No, not really. Orchestra? Ditto?

Now conductor is another matter entirely, just as it would be to ask if
I were loyal to a particular pianist or cellist.

There are many labels well-worth investigating, DG is far from the only
one; indeed, I'd say DG's glory days are well behind them.

And I'd strongly suggest that Alex in ACO completely misunderstood
Beethoven's basic message in the 9th.  I'll bet he and Karajan would
have seen eye-to-eye though...:-)

Deryk Barker