HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:45:29 -0400
Russ Skowronek at the University of Santa Clara has used cadaver sniffing
dogs to successfully locate prehistoric burials thousands of years old.  We are
not sure how this works, but it seems to work very well in some circumstances.
Dogs are also being used now to detect cancer in patients that do not yet
have any visible symptoms, and very successfully.  I am personally delighted that
humans beings oldest companion has still other uses.  The Franciscans that I
work with say, "There have to be dogs in heaven".
Bob Hoover
(Every New Day Above Ground is a Good One)