HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Barna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:03:50 -0500
Prof. Drexler --

As a student of military history, I would be curious to hear how your
proposed SHA session develops. If you wind up with a western slant, you
might consider also submitting it as a future session proposal to the
Western History Association.  They might be interested in your "history as
handmaiden" approach.  That statement should not be taken in a negative
way. If Historical Arcaheology is to grow and mature into the 21st centruy,
I think that SHA needs to forge closer ties to the history profession.
I've orgainzed and chaired sessions on that concept at both SHA and WHA
meetings.

Strike 'em hard!

Carl Barna
Regional Historian