HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:13:20 -0400
Marcel Moussette from Laval University in Quebec City has done quite a bit
of
work on religious medallions from 18th Century sites. He can be reached at :
(418) 656-2131, ext. 5810
_________________________
William Moss, RPA

Archéologue principal
Design, Architecture et Patrimoine
Service de l'aménagement du territoire
Ville de Québec
CP 700 Haute-Ville
Québec (Québec)
Canada G1R 4S9
Tél. : 418.641.6411, poste 2149
Fax  : 418.641.6455
www.ville.quebec.qc.ca
_________________________

I am curently conserving a late 18th century Sacred
Heart medallion recovered from the Sisters of St.
Joseph site here in St. Augustine, FL.

I am now looking for comparison medallions, does
anybody have any references for other Sacred Heart
medallions?  I do not have photos yet, but should
soon.

Does Crucifixes and Medallions: Their Role at Fort
Michilimackinac illustrate any Sacred Heart
medallions?

Thanks,

Jason Burns, M.A., RPA
Director of Conservation
Lighthouse Archaeological Maritime Program
St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum
81 Lighthouse Avenue
St. Augustine, FL 32080
(904) 829-0745, (904) 808-1248 FAX