HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Charles Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:52:22 -0900
Looks like a doll's comb. Have you checked toys?

ca

                    Matthew
                    Sterner              To:     [log in to unmask]
                    <msterner@SRI        cc:
                    CRM.COM>             Subject:     Artifact ID
                    Sent by:
                    HISTORICAL
                    ARCHAEOLOGY
                    <HISTARCH@asu
                    .edu>

                    12/24/02
                    08:28 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    HISTORICAL
                    ARCHAEOLOGY

Happy holidays all!

The pace of things at the office may be a little slower for most of us
right now, but the artifact analysis never ends! One of our analysts came
across a curious little comb that has stumped the panel here. It looks very
much like a small mustache or nit comb, but no one here has seen one made
out of metal (what appears to be a lightweight alloy of some sort). On one
side is impressed "PRINCESS QUALITY." Does this ring any bells with anyone?
We have two photographs of the artifact posted for those who would like a
better look. You can access them through the following links:

http://www.sricrm.com/histarch/cat_560m_comb_web.jpg

http://www.sricrm.com/histarch/cat_560m_web.jpg

Anyone who might be able to provide any further information for us is
welcome to respond on or off list.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew A. Sterner, M.A., RPA
Senior Project Director