Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:02:23 +1100
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>

Virginia Knight responded to Janos Gereben's:

>>It will take another couple of years (why so long?), but Richard
>>Hickox *will* take over directorship of Opera Australia from
>>Simone Young then.  That's a really fine conductor replacing a
>>fair-to-middling one.
>
>Does that mean that he will give up the BBC National Orchestra of
>Wales, which he only took over a year or so ago?  He is a neighbour
>of sorts of mine as he's recently moved to Bath.

The report I read in the local press noted his present commitments to
the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, the London Sinfonia and the London
Symphony, without mention of any of these conflicting with his Australian
appointment.  Given that it's about two years until the appointment takes
effect, it could be that one or more of the other contracts will expire
in the interim.

Simone Young's contract expires in December, so one wonders what will
happen next year.  In the meantime, she's preparing Lulu.

Richard Pennycuick