Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 07:15:54 +0100
From:
Len Mullenger <[log in to unmask]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Pennycuick" <[log in to unmask]>

>I've been reading Gramophone for nearly forty years and I have to agree
>that it's a shadow of what it once was.  The British bias has worried
>me for years, and I've tended to filter this from a review, although UK
>listers may disagree

Do readers observe the same sort of bias at Musicweb?  We do deliberately
seek out recordings of British composers because that was our starting
point but does that influence the judgment of my reviewers when it comes
to artistic standards?  Only you can judge.  [I may regret this]

Incidentally, we have recently had a surge of readers from China and
South Korea and British readers are now our smallest category (see stats
http://www.musicweb.uk.net/visits.htm) so in that sense MusicWeb is a
truly International site.  Have other website owners noticed similar
results?

Regards

Len Mullenger
www.musicweb.uk.net  www.FilmMusic.uk.net