HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:27:50 +0000
Must admit to having appeared on TT  for 30 seconds. I was also on a BBC
mini series "Aberglasney- a garden in time" after which I couldn't go out
for months without being recognised by everyone from pub drunks to the
butcher. I think that says something about the British obsessions- gardens
and pets. One of my funniest experiences in archaeology was the 1997 joint
conference with SHA and SPMA at Williamsburg, We had a day trip to St. Mary
City Mary and Henry Miller lent us a copy of the tape of the Time Team visit
to SMC to play on the coach back. The whole coach doubled up in hysterics
though I think the Brits and Yanks laughed at entirely different bits.

paul courtney
leicester
UK