HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:58:29 -0400
Sean and other list members,

This was a horrible, horrible example of bad communication on the part of
the University administration. The boxes were dumped as the campus prepared
to do some construction work. As far as I have heard, they sent only ONE
EMAIL to the woman in charge of curating the collections telling her to
move it or lose it. There was no paper trail, no follow-up to make sure she
got the email, and no signature required either way.

Folks are still pretty upset by it all, including myself... artifacts from
my very very very first field school I worked on in 1987 are now in a
Michigan landfill.

Megan Springate