HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 23:53:08 -0400
While this is not my geographical area, it is of great interest to me.  Even
more important would be the location of Aljacan, brief mission site of the
Jesuits in the Chesapeake in the generation before Pocahantas (16th century).
 Native interaction with this establishment may have set the tone for
Powhatan relations with the later settlers of Jamestown.
Bob Hoover