HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:49:15 -0400
Urbanists:
    Can anyone supply me with the name for those columns of stone which
stand  flanking the entrances to residential sections of a town or
city.  It seems clear that they were part of a planned neighborhood.
They are disappearing fast from the cityscene and I thought it time for
someone to get out and record them.  It would help  immensely  if one
knew what to cll them.
        You help is much appreciated.
John