HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:05:16 +1000
Interesting: all the references I got hold of talked about CHARCOAL burners
and, the unit we have certainly used charcoal - it is still in the burner
unit.

Have a look at some of those references under WOOD GAS that Ron mentions in
his e mail. These units were not the most efficient according to some
commentators.  Power reduced by around 50%.  Consider too how many trees you
need to fuel up for a decent run: see my original e-mail.

Gordon