From:
John Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:44:09 EDT
I've avoided vocal music for a long time.  But as I started to become
interested in Poulenc some time ago, I found out that was probably a
mistake. In the meantime I began listening to a bit of French songs by
Berlioz, Faure, Debussy, Ravel,...  with borrowed discs from the library.
Now I've moved to a new place where the public library owns just a few
of pathetic CD's.  I obviously need to build my own library with a
strained budget.  I would like to solicit some suggestions specifically
on French songs from Berlioz down to the Six and Messiaen.  I think I'd
first get a few CD's of a more or less recent recording before I plunge
big money on the Pierre Bernac set.

Thanks.

L Vachnadze
07-31-04