From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:51:08 +0000
William Valles writes:

>The other Chopin Opus 66 in my collection is a performance by Horowitz
>on Sony SK 45818.  Don did not include this performance in his Part 1
>review of Chopin's Opus 66 recordings.  I am hoping it is included in
>Part 2.

That's one on me.  I wasn't even aware that Horowitz had recorded Opus
66, and I should have been since I've seen Sony SK 45818 on the shelves
many times.  The disc is titled "Last Recording" and has 1989 performances
of works Horowitz never before recorded.

Well, Part 2 is already in the pipe-line, so the Horowitz will have to
wait for Part 3 or perhaps Part 4.  On the other hand, I could acquire
the disc pronto, take a couple of steps backwards and include in Part
2.  One great aspect of unfettered reviewing is that you can take any
path you want.

Don Satz