HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 20:26:34 -0500
From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Zebulon Pike, who was torn apart by a bombproof exploding in Toronto during
the seige of Toronto in the War of 1812, was returned to Sackett's Harbor,
NY in a barrel, perhaps as some in port wine or other material. There was
some question of where he was buried there in Sackett's Harbor. The Berger
Culture Group had done the original survey that located some human remains,
not to unusual if you think 30,000 plus troops from all over the young
republic of America were there and we were testing near the small fort
manned by the veteran volunteers from the Revolutionary War.

We encountered one small box near the surface, which had the archetypal
outline of a regular coffin, though smaller than most, near the surface. We
had to stop the construction of a condo being built by Job Corp, Inc. with
Federal loans, in the former military assigned to Madison Barracks, like Lt.
Ulysses S. Grant and others. It was never known what happened to Zebulon
Pike. About thirty men were executed for charges as minor as falling asleep
on guard duty, a practice that subsequently stopped in the U.S. military
service.

The small box was just uncovered enough to see its outline and document its
placement there on the parade ground near Fort Volunteer. Perhaps someone
could verify it being Pike with DNA. The British burned Washington, D.C. in
retribution for burning Toronto, Ontario.

George Myers