HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:29:55 -0500
From:
Jane Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Actually, I have had a case of poison ivy substantially ameliorated
overnight thanks to a native healer.  He needed my name; beyond that
what he did was between himself and the cosmos.

Jewel weed (aka, touch-me-not, ((it's a variety of wild Impatiens)))
grows around here and people swear by its juices to relieve the itching
associated with poison ivy.  Doesn't work for me.  I use the long
sleeves, Ivy Block, and Tec-Nu; all reduce the misery of itching,
swelling, and oozing.  Another thing that I have been using lately for
small breakouts is the acne medication oxy-10.  It's over-the-counter
and effective at drying the small blisters; can't recommend it for
large, juicy ones--it's too strong.

Jane

Jane L. Brown
Anthropology/Sociology