HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:12:03 +0000
Dear Bob,

I think the University of Leicester does an MA in archaeology by
distance learning.  They have a well established MA in Museum Studies,
which my assistant is just completing. The students seem to be well
supported, and the course material fine.  That is a different
department, though.

As to how a remote student could do an MA - maybe they are different in
different parts of the world?  In the UK they are almost exclusively
'academic' - the thesis being the most practical part, since it often
involves survey or archive-based study. The practical training involved
is usually taught through residential (e.g. two or three weeks over the
two years of part time study).

Hope that helps,

Best wishes,

Pat

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Automatic digest processor
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
Pat Reynolds
   "It might look a bit messy now,