HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:06:59 +0800
I did some work in Fremantle Prison covering the time period 1850s-ca 1918
(partly convict system, partly post convict) as part of a cell
reconstruction project. Some interesting observations on the lack of an
institution like conformity in cell maintenance and security came out of it.
It's grey literature I'm afraid though, its not been published that I know
of although Suzanne Spencer-Wood may have mentioned it in some work she was
doing on prisons.