From:
T & M Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:58:21 +1000
For those on the list in Australia and some of our friends from across the ditch, I am pleased to let you know that we have two beekeepers who were given awards in today's Australia Day Awards. Both were awarded OAM's which is Order of Australia Medal.

Laurie Dewar was the first President of the Australian Honey Bee Industry Council (AHBIC) and is currently Chairman of B-Qual.  Bob McDonald was on the first Executive of AHBIC and is currently the Chairman of Australia Bid Committee for Apimondia in 2007.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA