From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 05:56:17 -0600
>....most are content with sugar, ersatz maple syrup, corn syrup, jams,
jellies or artificial sweeteners.

>There is more to maple syrup than just sugar.

I agree that real Maple syrup should not be included above. In my opinion
(and many in the medical field) many health risks are associated  with heavy
use of   refined  sugars  as posted above and artificial sweeteners
(Aspartame).

Pure honey and maple syrup would be a healthier choice in my opinion than
refined sugar, corn syrup or artificial sweeteners (without nutritional
value) but realize many consumers are not concerend  about the nutritional
value of the food they eat.

Bob