From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:15:56 -0500
Tim Hu wrote:

>Mimi Ezust replied:
>
>>...  Do try Dvorak Romance for violin and orchestra, though.  A wonderful
>>piece.
>
>Good piece.  It was not originally "Romance," though, but the 2nd mvt
>of Dvorak's 5th String Quartet.

It's an education to listen to them both, side by side.  The Romance has
a magical quality.  The quartet movement lags ...  and know that I am a
huge Dvorak fan.  This movement just does not do well in comparison with
the huge emotional effect of the Romance.  How super to have two works
with similar musical material by the same composer to compare.

Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>