HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:21:08 -0400
From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Also the "Twilight Zone" episode written by Binghamton, NY native Rod
Serling, in which Jack Klugman gets his wish to play the champ, Jonathan
Winters, a "Minnesota Fats" like character in a pool hall alone at night. If
I remember, he wins but loses his life. Both of them were very good in that.
I once lived in a brand new dormitory at SUNY Buffalo in Amherst, NY. I was
asked to find a room for Mr. Serling, this was two weeks before his death,
as he was intrigued by the architecture of Davis Brody and I.M. Pei on a
newly opened campus. I'm not sure if he actually stayed there or not, having
found the room but felt Mr. Rod Serling would perhaps rather stay
unbothered. I had a similar experience with the anticipated performance of
Jim Croce, sponsored by an Anthropology Graduate student there in Buffalo,
NY.

George Myers