HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Charles Watkinson - Oxbow Books <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:33:01 +0000
Many apologies to Russell Rudzwick and many thanks indeed for those of you
who sprang to our defence. I am afraid that we messed up Mr Rudzwick's
order due to an absolute deluge of requests for the bargain edition of
David Robert's Holy Land and Egypt that he ordered. This is honestly the
exception rather than the rule and we have been in touch directly to apologize.

Anyway, just to reassure all our customers and friends that David Brown
Book Company in the States and Oxbow Books in the UK are still very much in
business. We aim always to improve our service as a value-for-money
'one-stop shop' for archaeology books from anywhere in the world.

We hope to see many of you Histarch-ers at the Society for Historical
Archaeology meetings in Providence in a couple of weeks time, where we will
have a great display of new and hard-to-find books and some really nice
bargains.

Thank you for your continued support.

Charles Watkinson

 > Dear David and Friends, > When I received your E-mail about the Roberts
book, I was very > interested. On 12-09-02, I sent Oxbow/David Brown Bk Co.
an e-mail and asked > about the size of the book. On 12-11-02, I received a
response from a > "Maureen" who indicated that the book measures 18 x 12 x
4. I sent Maureen a > message and said I would call and place an order the
next day... > I thought this was a reputable company. Are they still in
business? Does > anyone know anything > about them? > Thanks. > Russell A.
Rudzwick

This message is from Charles Watkinson at Oxbow Books
Park End Place, Oxford OX1 1HN, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 241249 Fax: +44 (0) 1865 794449
http://www.oxbowbooks.com