HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sean Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:50:08 -0400
Tim,

If I remember correctly, MTU has looked at some other iron producing
sites in northern Michigan at Fayette and Bay Furnace (Onota) and
probably has technical reports on those investigations.  Also, the Park
Service has done some work at Old Munising (about an hour east of Carp
River Forge) - the reference is Richner, J. 1992, Archeological
Investigations at Old Munising (20AR192): A Nineteenth-Century Company
Town.  National Park Service, Midwest Archeological Center Occasional
Studies in Anthropology No. 28, Lincoln NE.  I do not recall if these
have the kind of information you are seeking.

I assume you have spoken to Carl Blair, on staff there at MTU, who is
an expert on such things to do with iron and its production.

Regards,

Sean Dunham

Sean B. Dunham, RPA
Commonwealth Cultural Resources Group, Inc.
2530 Spring Arbor Road
Jackson, Michigan 49203-3602

Phone:  517-788-3550
FAX:  517-788-6594