HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Andrea M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:16:10 -0400
I don't have much information on dating the containers, themselves, but I
came across ads for Lea and Perrins Sauce when I was working on my MA thesis
under my maiden name:

Clark, Andrea Griffin
    2001    From Ads to Artifacts: The Selling Power of Gender Ideology in
America, 1890-1910. M.A. Thesis, submitted to the Department of
Anthropology at  the College of William and Mary.  Williamsburg,
VA.

I don't remember the specific ads, but ads of the day were often illustrated
with pictures of the products.  See the following:
Lea and Perrins Sauce, manufactured by John Duncan's Sons
Advertised in Collier's Weekly
    June 6, 1908, page 29
    June 20 1908, page 24
Advertised in the Ladies Home Journal