Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:45:28 -0400
From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Donald Satz wrote:

>Although I'm a period instrument man for Baroque music, I do have the
>Leppard/Bach harpsichord concerti on Philips and have always considered
>them excellent performances.

I've always thought that Leppard's 60s recordings of baroque music with
groups like the English Chamber Orchestra are classics, regardless of the
instruments used.  I'm especially fond of his Water Music, and the Concerti
"a due cori".

One set of Leppard's recordings I've not heard before however, are his
arrangments (if they are considered that) of the Monteverdi Madrigals of
War and Love.  Same goes for his version of Poppea.  Anybody heard these,
and is able to compare them with more recent recordings by period groups?

Bill H.