Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:08:54 EST
From:
"Elihu L. Sussman" <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] writes:

>The complete quote ends, " - and our dear Lord listens with pleasure."

I stand corrected.

for those who might be interested in the full citation

It is from Barth's "A Letter of Thanks to Mozart" written in 1955

   "What the state of music is where you are now[i.e. heaven] I can
   only faintly surmise. Once upon a time I formulated my notion
   in this way: it may be that when the angels go about their task
   of praising God, they play only Bach. I am sure, however that
   when they are together en famille, they play Mozart and that
   then too our dear Lord listens with special pleasure."

The other two variations are also wonderful.  Anyway you express it is
a joyous concept and one that fills my soul when I think of it

ELS