From:
Carol Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 09:14:09 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Layne Westover" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] leaf blower

> I recalled that once or twice in my back yard I used my vacuum cleaner and
hooked up the hose to
> the exhaust to operate it as a blower... and that worked fine,...

Well, I tried that too, and I started blowing bees out from between the
first two frames but the problem was they ganged up along the edges of the
super and charged right back in the minute I moved the nozzle to the next
frames. I went back and forth for at least ten minutes, blowing the same
bees back and forth, back and forth. Top to bottom or bottom to top seemed
to make no difference. I would clear two frames, they would crawl right into
the next two. I finally gave up and took each frame out and blew each one
individually free of bees. And to top it all off, I got propolis all over
the vacuum cleaner. I wanted to "blow them away" all right--to Kingdom Come!