Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:09:05 -0400
7bit
From:
"Frank I. Reiter" <[log in to unmask]>
Allen Dick wrote:

> I realise that I would have to list at least 20 things if I were
> to mention
> them all, but my all-time favourite is the idea of stopping a robbing
> frenzy by taking off all the hive lids in the yard (assuming the robbing
is
> not originating elsewhere).

I looked in the archives and found a post by somebody who said he had been
taught this but had never tried it.  Has anybody here tried it?  What
happened?

(I am particularly interested because I set off some fierce robbing the
other day just by trying to put some wet supers back on to stay for winter.
Although the bees were gentle as we began, we got chased out of the yard
before finishing.  I'm not sure what I could have done differently except
perhaps letting them be robbed some distance away before bringing them into
the yard.)

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://WWW.BlessedBee.ca