From:
Keith Bramich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:55:58 +0100
'I have been asked to perform Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No 3 with
a local amateur orchestra - a great honour, I am sure you will agree.
However ...  I do not have a piano - would a theremin, or maybe an
automatic washing machine serve as a viable alternative?'

If you read Music & Vision regularly, you could be forgiven for thinking
that our new series, 'Ask Alice', launched on 1 April, was an April
fools' joke.

'Ask Alice' is Classical Music's very own 'Agony Aunt' column, introduced
by cellist and novelist Alice McVeigh.

Today we publish the second installment:

   http://www.mvdaily.com/articles/2003/04/alice2.htm?n

Alice is waiting for your questions ...

Keith Bramich
technical editor, Music & Vision