From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:27:45 +1000
A few years ago, I was given a CD of two string quartets by Murray Adaskin,
a Canadian composer who died only a few weeks ago aged about 95.  I haven't
been able to find any other recordings of his work, even though this CD was
labelled Vol 1.  On the evidence of the quartets, he deserves to be better
known.

Deryk Barker listed these Canadians:

>(However, Glenn Gould, Louie Lortie, Marc-Andre Hamelin, Andre
>LaPlante, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, 4/5ths of The Band, Donald
>Sutherland, et al, et al)

To which I would add Oscar Peterson, not just a great jazz pianist, but a
great pianist.

Richard Pennycuick