From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 16:21:22 -0400
Gene Halaburt about who's someone in Berlioz:

>..  nor have I ever been ungrateful to the English tradition beginning
>with Kubelik and carried on in ALL Berlioz by Colin Davis...

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that both conductors quite
often coped with the

problem using the same band, the Bavarian Radio Symphony.  Celibidache,
conducting the Munich Philharmonic, performed Berlioz now and then and,
in my opinion, very impressively.  I think one of his efforts is on EMI.

Denis Fodor