From:
Charles Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 15:18:00 -0700
Last semi-spam about my various Siloti projects -- I promise.

In New York City today, the firm of Carl Fischer released 'The Alexander
Siloti Collection', an anthology of 40 piano transcriptions. Most of these
have been out of print for many years. Some, supplied by Bruce Herman and
myself, have never been published anywhere.

Fischer has done a superb job in its presentation. The book is handsome,
well-illustrated, and extremely well produced. It runs 288 pages, and is
built to last. It includes a couple of essays by me, and many photos.

The Alexander Siloti Collection
ISBN 0-8258-4730-3     PL00112     $39.95 US

Info through [log in to unmask] or by mail at
65 Bleecker Street
New York City NY 10012

It may be ordered online at JW Pepper, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the rest.

Here's what's in it.

Bach, JS
Air, from the Suite for String Orchestra No. 3 in D Major
Andante, from the Sonata for Violin Solo, No. 2
Chaconne, arranged after F. Busoni's Transcription and the "Bach-Society"
Edition
Fantasia in C Minor
Gigue, from the Piano-Suite in B Flat Major
Organ Prelude in E minor
Organ Prelude in G minor
Paraphrase, on the Prelude in C Sharp minor
Passacaglia in C Minor
Prelude, from Cantata No. 29
Prelude, from Cantata No. 35
Prelude, from the Cello Suite in E Flat Major
Prelude in B minor, aus dem Klavier Buchlein fur Friedemann Bach, Preludium V
Siciliano, aus der Sonate fur Kalvier and Flote
Toccata and Fugue in D minor

Chopin
Etude No. 25 in F minor
Scherzo, Op. 31 in B Flat Major

Gluck
Melody, Second Ballet from Orpheus

Liadov
Four Russian Folk Songs.
     I. "I Danced with a Mosquito"
     II. Cradle Song
     III. Dance
     IV. Legend of the Birds

Liszt
Au Bord d'une Source
Au Lac de Wallenstadt
Benediction de Dieu dans las Solitude
Concert Etude in D Flat Major
Consolation No. 3
Il Pensero
Sposalizio
Sursum Corda

Mozart
"Ah! Vous dirai-je, maman"

Rachmaninoff
Prelude in G Sharp Minor
Romanze, Op. 8, No. 2

Rimsky-Korsakov
A Song of India

Scriabin
Etude in C Sharp minor
Poeme, Op. 32, No. 1

Strauss, Johann Jr
Twelve Themes from Famous Waltzes

Tchaikovsky
Humoresque, Op. 10, No. 2
Theme Original et Variations, Op. 19, No. 6

Hope you enjoy it!

Charles Barber