Alan Chatterton <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:23:58 +0100
Thanks for suggestions for Hovhaness, George Lloyd, Giannini, Morton
Gould, Vackar, Hindemith and Janacek.  They sound promising.  Elgar
Howarth's arrangment of Pictures is something we know well.  I've just
been looking at something written about the music of Francis Johnson
said to be America's first internationally known musician.  I believe
there are reconstructions of his works for large brass group.  Does
anyone know anything about them or similar arrangements/reworkings?

Alan Chatterton