From:
Miguel Muelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:08:42 -0400
I am among the chief singers in the chorus that laments the lack of CM
programs in the US...  So, when, all of a sudden, there are 3 scheduled
programs involving the Berlin Philharmonic:

PBS Beginning Wednesday Sep. 18 - Great Performances:

Berlin Philharmonic Europakonzert: From Istanbul - 90 min.
Mariss Jansons conducts the Berlin Philharmonic for Mozart's Second
Concerto for Flute and Orchestra, featuring flutist Emmanuel Pahud; and
Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique.  Taped May 1, 2001, at the Church of
the Holy Peace, Hagia Irene, in Istanbul, Turkey.

A&E Sunday Sep. 22 8:00 AM - Breakfast with the Arts:

Berlin Philharmonic in Tokyo, Part 1 - 120 min.
Part 1 of two.  The Berlin Philharmonic performs in Tokyo.  Violinist
Hilary Hahn is the soloist.

A&E Sunday Sep. 22 8:00 AM - Breakfast with the Arts:

Berlin Philharmonic in Tokyo, Conclusion - 120 min.
Conclusion. The Berlin Philharmonic performs in Tokyo.

The PBS program is on Sunday at 11pm here in Atlanta -- but that's why
the Lord invented VCRs...  Actually, the 8AM Sunday programs will need
to be taped as well...  I wish one could record direct to DVD.

While I'm on it, I wonder why nobody has created an "Arts Alert" service
that could send one an email whenever there is something CM related
coming up?!  If I were clever I would write a little program and charge
$1/month for a subscription.

Miguel Muelle
http://mmuelle.home.mindspring.com