From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:47:23 +0000
Arri Bachrach writes:

>yes, and I listened to the Petri version again - IMO, pretty bad - many
>technically unsteady places and not much sensitivity either - Solomon is
>marvelous.

Arri's comments surprise me, because my back-to-back listenings of Petri
and Solomon reveal many more similarities than differences including a
comparable level of sensitivity, poignancy, or whatever one might want
to call it(maybe heart & soul).

Perhaps the bleached-out 'color' through the Cedar Restoration Process
is affecting Arri's conclusions about the Petri recording.  Petri didn't
sound so hot in my car's cd player, but I was able to break through the
'color line' with adjustments to my best home equipment.  Anyways, I
think the Petri is a great verson fully up to the standards of Solomon.

Don Satz