From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 15:58:37 +0000
Herve Blandin writes:

>I do hope the C Haskil and Lupu versions will be in your next survey.
>Brendel too?

I'm currently working on Part 2; none of the three above are included.
However, there will be four Parts, and Haskil and Lupu will definitely
be covered.  Concerning Brendel, I don't have his Kinderszenen, and the
only way I'm aware of to get it is through a 25-cd Brendel set on Philips.
Given the large price tag and the duplications that would be involved, I
decided not to obtain it.  When I do reviews of Schumann's Fantasy in C
and the Symphonic Etudes, Brendel will be included.

If someone takes pity on me and burns a copy of Brendel's Kinderszenen, I'd
be proud to count Brendel as one of my reviewed versions.  Does anyone know
of a copy other than on that 25 cd set?

Concerning Part 2, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Clifford Curzon, and Maryla Jonas
are included.  However, the version in Part 2 I'm most in love with at the
moment comes from Daniel Blumenthal on Calliope which surprises me greatly.

Don Satz