From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:44:45 -0500
Humdinger wrote:

> Treating bees, I understand, is necessary for
>those commercial beekeepers since they need a solution here and right
>now.  This practice appears to be myopic, however.
>
>By religiously treating bees with expensive chemicals that often lose its
>efficacy incrementally, we are trying desperately to delay the eventuality
>of the contact forever while weakening the bees even further.  What a
>laudable effort and stupidity!  How can we stop the pathogens that are
>here to stay?   This fight appears to be heroic, for  we are trying to
>save our bees!  by doping them every year.  For a short-term, we may be
>able to save the bees.  However, if we truly love the bees for a longer
>term, we should stop treating them, thus quickening the eventuality so
>that they will learn to survive without human intervention.

Take this to its logical conclusion and it says to do away with all
medicine and return to primitive conditions so only the strong survive.
Just let nature take its course.

We do not have a cure for Aids, but we treat anyway, nor cancer, nor....

All medication is intermediate and necessarily stop gap and not a
solution. But to not use the tools given us and just let bees die seems
a bit foolish.

Just like not letting your child have antibiotics and see if they
survive on their own. You can go to jail for that.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine