From:
Len Mullenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 04:08:19 +0100
This plea has been received by the MusicWeb Bulletin Board.  I pass it on
in case anyone would like to help

   A teacher in need of help....
   Posted by Katie Tiffany [log in to unmask] on September 7, 2002,
   11:38 pm

   Ok, here is the deal.  I am a teacher in the U.S.  (new Jersey to be
   exact).  I am a first year teacher and instead of teaching straight
   history, which can get dull at times, I am adding the cultural element
   to spice it up.  Since most of my students are obsessed with music,
   I thought I would look around to see if I can find similarities
   between music of a certain period and modern music.  We are currently
   studying the renaissance.  So if anyone out there knows where I can
   find info on the web which will show the similarities between
   "classical" music and pop music of today (punk, rap, rock, r & b,
   etc.) I would be extremely grateful.  I just read what I wrote and
   I may be a little to vague...so I'll try to clear it up.  I am looking
   for similar bars, stanzas, tunes etc.  that some artist may have
   pulled to sample or imitated or incorporated (with a slight change
   perhaps) into their own music.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   Sincerely,
   Katie Tiffany

Len Mullenger
www.musicweb.uk.net  www.FilmMusic.uk.net