From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:59:20 +1100
Peter Lundin asked:

>Can someone here recomend a recording (dearly availible currently)
>of Herbert Howells "Concerto for String Orchestra" (My translation from
>the mentinioning by a Swedish morning show announcer a few min ago)

The work in question is probably his Music for Strings.  This is on
Chandos CHAN9161 with Howells' Suite for String Orchestra, Elegy for
solo viola, string quartet and string orchestra, Serenade; City of London
Sinfonia cond Richard Hickox.  I haven't heard this version of Music for
Strings but I have several others in Hickox's Howells series on Chandos
and assume that this CD would be of the same high standard as those.

Richard Pennycuick