From:
"William F. Dishman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 22:06:55 -0400
I was exposed to a trumpet solo entitled Etude de Concert by Poot back
in the early 70's and liked it very much.  Did not come across this name
regarding orchestral music until the last 10 years.  I have three of his
symphonies on CD which I purchased purely on the familiarity of the name
from the solo trumpet piece.  While I enjoyed the symphonies, they really
are somewhat "light" in feel.  Theme development is minimal that I can
tell and the melodies are not particularly memorable.  They are quite
rhythmic and energetic however.  I pull them out every once in a while
to listen to and each time I'm glad I did.

Bill Dishman
Gainesville, Florida