Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:03:29 +0100
From:
Jos Janssen <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks for the extensive information Bert.  I always find it incredible
(but more so typical of Dutch musical life) that Martin lived in my
country virtually unnoticed for decades.

One sentence in your post confuses me.

>There are many good versions of the concerto you mention; I'm partial
>to the one with Richard Kapp conducting the Philharmonia Virtuosi (Essay
>Recordings CD 1014), where the sound is crisp and the harpsichord's
>not left to tinkle away in the background.

are you sure we are talking about the same piece?  I did not see
any harpsichord last sunday.  Is there perhaps more than one version?
In any case, while I was in the hall, I set my computer to "tape" the
concert, so now I have the Martin in an excellent recording.  It still
sounds marvelous.

regards, Jos