Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:07:56 EDT
From:
Lucille Mangum <[log in to unmask]>
I too had a membership with Columbiahouse Classical Club but had not
made any purchase for over a year because the inventory consisted of old
items.  I patiently wait for new selection to appear but never happen.
So, I increase my purchase with BMG Classical.

Also, I found it difficult to redeem music points at Columbiahouse
Classical Music Club.  The only option was via telephone and only for
old selections.  So, I was forced to use the BMG Classical Music service.

But the most disappointmet with Columbia House Classical Music Club is
that I was never informed of the closing of the classical section.  I
usual access Columbia House Classical Music via online web site.  That's
how I found out the classical section was discontinced.  I emailed and
phone the the club.  The phone representative didn't know the Classical
music club was discontinued and didn't know my membership was cancelled
without notification.

I received an email much later informing me of the problem and how to
redeem my points.  I was transferred to the Musical Heritage Club for
which I am thankful.

I will continue my BMG Classical Music membership which allow you the
ability to listen to the music online.  The new selections appear as
fast as they are advertised in the United Kingdom classical magazines,
i.e., Classical FM, BN music.  Gramphone magazine.  Also, I like the
prices but hate the shipping and handling charges.  The music points
system is OK!

Also, the local Borders store has a fantastic selection and the displays
and highlight new selections is excellent.

The local Circuit City store has reduced the classical section which is
too bad.

It would be nice if a American classical music magazine was able which
would cost less than the British imports.

As an alternative to the loss of Columbia House Classical Music Club, there
are excellent classical music clubs, and websites to obtain new and old
classical music:

   BMG Classical Music Club (www.bmgmusic.com)
   Arkiv Music  (www.arkivmusic.com)
   Sony Classical Music (www.sonyclassical.com)
   Borders Store (Classical Music section)
   Gramphone magazine
   Classical FM magazine
   BN Classical magazine
   Opera Magazine

If someone know other alternatives please provide the information.

Lucille Mangum